It's official... Happy Fall Y'all! Today, autumn is FINALLY here and we couldn't be more excited about what's in store. From fall-inspired CBD cocktails to the best way to a cozy night's sleep, read on for a bounty of relaxing ideas so you can enjoy the season to its fullest.
Fall has its own unique brand of excitement. As the seasons change and the temps drop, we start to trade watermelons for pumpkins and candy colors for jewel tones. While CBD oil is useful all year long, it can be of particular use during fall/winter. Why? As visually vibrant as the season is, the shorter nights and colder temps can bring an array of new ailments; from struggling with cold-induced aches and pains to seasonal depression brought on from the shorter days and longer nights.
Here are some new ways to incorporate CBD into the fall activities so we can ALL embrace the magic the autumnal equinox brings...
Upgrade your Selfcare Routine
Fall typically means colder weather - and with colder weather comes dryer skin. Naturally, the urge to create a cozy atmosphere takes hold and doesn’t let up until winter is over. Most of us tend to take long, warm showers to compensate for the cooler weather. In turn, these warm showers help reduce inflammation and pain especially if you're prone to arthritis. At Lost Range we provide our customers with a variety of products that can help soothe dry skin, and achy joints.
To drown out the discomfort of dry skin and joint pain, treat yourself by soaking in a warm bath and using our Bath Salts for an incredibly improved mood. To achieve optimal relaxation, add 1 cup of Lost Range bath salts to a warm bath and soak. After a good 10, 20, 30 minutes in the tub, we like to take the tension relief up one step further by massaging our muscles with our Muscle and Joint Rub for prime relaxation results.
Be Kind to Your Mind
Let’s be honest with ourselves; are you also feeling a little anxious, listless, or desolate? As warm summer days and long summer nights have faded, do you feel something starting to weigh you down? As the nights draw in and temperatures fall we will be focusing on kindness, and its undeniable power to support our individual and collective mental health. Try to include one or more of the following into your daily routine to bring calm and balance to your life:
- Practice Mindfulness: Practicing mindfulness will allow you to focus on the moment and make positive choices. You can discover mindfulness through meditation workshops, practicing yoga and through the use of journals.
- Find Light: Seasonal Affective Disorder - or SAD Syndrome - isn't a mere play on words and acronyms. It is an actual psychological disorder, a form of depression that is connected to the changes in the seasons. Light box therapy offers relief for depression and SAD. Using it for only 30-minutes a day is a scientifically proven way to lift your mood.
- Be Active: Fall is a wonderful time to wrap up and head outside to enjoy the colorful falling leaves crunch beneath your feet. If weather isn't on your side, find a gym or an indoor activity like swimming or even rock climbing to get your exercise fix.
- Incorporate CBD: Insomnia and anxiety are the two major symptoms of SAD that can be treated using CBD. A 2010 study indicated the effect of CBD on social anxiety. Through brain scans, results showed the changes in blood flow in areas of the brain that are associated with anxiety. Findings in 2014 indicated that CBD also has antidepressant properties. Read our blog on battling anxiety with CBD here.
- See a Professional: Whether it be through therapy or your GP, by seeking help you can explore and practice behaviors to improve your everyday life. Most people with clinical depression who seek treatment see improvement, usually within weeks.
Cheers to Mocktails, Treats and Cozy Eats
As Autumn unfolds, the temperature cools, and leaves change their colors. Finding ways to maximize our coziness level is never a bad idea. What better way to chill down with the crisp, crunchy leaves than with a delicious CBD-infused cocktail/mocktail? These recipes are perfect since they double for those of you that prefer something alcoholic or non-alcoholic.
- 1 oz pomegranate juice
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 3/4 oz pasteurized egg white or 1 egg white
- 1/3 dropper/10ml CBD Oil
- 1 dropper spiced cranberry bitters
- Optional (contains alcohol, add ¾ oz of Pisco)
Black Walnut Hot Cider
- 3/4 oz lemon juice
- 3/4 oz simple syrup
- 2 dashes black walnut bitters
- 1 dropper/10ml CBD Oil
- Hot apple cider to fill the glass
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Cinnamon stick
- Optional ( contains alcohol, add 1 1/2 oz Cognac)
Let's not forget the Halloween-magic on the way. Making the most of the holidays means indulging in all the delicious flavors of the season, and this year, that includes CBD. High quality, pure CBD oil adds a delicate earthiness to the sweet and savory treats of fall. Add a few drops of your favorite CBD oil tincture to almost any hot or cold drink and sweet or savory treats: including for your pets! You heard us right... You can micro manage and dose your pet’s treats at home allowing you to make 250 treats at 4mg each with our pet tincture. Perfect for when your pooch gets anxious when those trick-or-treaters come knocking.
Boost Your Immune System
Colds and flu are an unfortunate part of the colder months. A healthy diet, vitamins, and exercise are all known to contribute to a healthy immune system. This is where CBD can help! The body’s ECS system goes beyond just the central and peripheral nervous systems – it also impacts parts of our digestive and immune systems. When consuming cannabidiol or CBD oil, the compound interacts directly with the ECS receptors, helping to stimulate the body’s immune system among others.
Try adding some CBD tincture to your daily routine, whether it be a few drops under the tongue, in your morning coffee or baked into some pumpkin bread, it may just give your body that extra boost to help fight off illness.
The Ultimate Sleep Solution
With season changes come time changes. Light has dramatic effects on sleep, influencing circadian rhythm, melatonin production, and sleep cycles. Many people struggle with fall because it starts to get dark out earlier, making it harder for people to regulate their sleep. A great solution to this problem is CBD.
Even though it won’t get you "high", CBD has an overall calming and soothing effect for many people that’s good for winding down at the end of the day. Plus, its potential pain-reducing and anti-inflammatory effects might just be what you need to help get to sleep and stay asleep. No one type of CBD is better than another for sleep. But certain features indicate the quality of a CBD product.
We’ve rounded up the best three products to help you unwind and relieve stress and anxiety – all in the name of getting you a good night’s sleep. (ALL OF OUR PRODUCTS CONTAIN LESS THAN 0.3% THC.)
- Isolate CBD Oil Tincture – 1000mg | $59.00 — or $59.00 $47.20 / month
- Full Spectrum CBD Oil Tincture – 1000mg | $59.00 — or $59.00 $47.20 / month
- Best Selling Lavender CBD Bath Bomb – 100mg | $20.00 — or $20.00 $16.00 / month
From dry skin to joint pain and even that dreaded stuffy cold, using CBD in fall has a ton of benefits. We hope you try out some of our ideas to welcome in the season with us! If you do, be sure to tag us on Instagram and let us know what you think!
If you have any questions on our CBD products, be sure to reach out to us here today. Our staff would love to hear from you. Enjoy the season to the max, cheers!