It’s almost here! The biggest day in cannabis, 4-20, is a nationally-celebrated event. Every year, people around the globe celebrate all things cannabis. Awareness of cannabis-related products (including CBD), benefits, and of course, consumption are the pillars of the day. Here’s what you need to know!
April 20th has a lot of nicknames. The holiday is formally known as 420, but also takes place under the aliases of; Weed Day, Marijuana Day, and Stoner Day. 420 is all about celebrating everything cannabis-related.
Recently, more people have made a switch and have begun celebrating with CBD instead of marijuana. So, whether you’re into Mary Joe Ana or just prefer the non-intoxicating nature of CBD, it’s a day to fully appreciate this powerful plant.
There are a LOT of ways to make the most of 420 with CBD oil. We’ll get into those shortly – but first, let’s explore the hazy history of the 420 holiday!
Where Did 420 Come From?
No one is exactly sure of the origin of 420, but the most popular theories include the following:
- The first – and most credible – story, is the term originated from a group of teen athletes who called themselves the Waldos and resided in San Rafael, California. The teens would pile into a car, smoke some pot and scour Point Reyes Forest for free weed. One of the original members of the teen group, Steve Capper, said, “We would remind each other in the hallways we were supposed to meet up at 4:20pm. It originally started out at 4:20-Louis, and we eventually dropped the Louis.” What once became their meeting time after practice, became a phrase that the world would soon come to know. The term 420 was born, allowing the high schoolers to discuss smoking pot without their parents or teachers knowing. Today, the unofficial holiday is celebrated worldwide.
- The second theory is that 420 is the Los Angeles police code for marajuana possession. So naturally, 420 became the code word for smoking marjuana. However, these claims are unverified.
- Another theory is some claim that there are 420 active chemicals in marijuana. Unfortunately, this is also untrue. There are over 500 different active chemicals in marijuana. So this theory can be chocked up to an inaccurate chemist.
- Finally, some go as far as to cite Bob Dylan’s song “Rainy Day Women #12 & 35” because 12 multiplied by 35 equals 420.
Of all the above, the Waldos lead the way in creating the worlwide celebration.
What’s the Difference Between Hemp and Marijuana?
The short answer is that they derive from different varieties of the Cannabis Sativa plant. They’re just two different names for cannabis, a type of flowering plant in the Cannabaceae family. The hemp plant is richer in CBD percentages and can test upwards of 15% CBD, while maintaining a THC level of less than .3%. The hemp plant is considered hemp when it tests and contains less than .3% THC.
The hemp plant is legal on the federal level. Hemp is also rich in amino acids and omega fatty acids. The fibers of hemp can also be used in many commercial and industrial products like paper, building materials, compost and clothes. The whole hemp plant is used throughout the process.
The cannabis plant is rich in THC, and can test in upwards of 30% THC, while containing much less CBD than its hemp counterpart, usually in the 1-5% range and is federally illegal to grow and possess.
New Ways to Celebrate Cannabis
Cannabis has come a long way since the days of rolling joints behind your local grocery store.
Nowadays, some form of cannabis is legal in every state in the US. Thanks to advancements in agriculture and technology, we can ensure the purity and quality of cannabis.
With so many forms of cannabis-based products, the stigma associated with it has slowly begun to die off. We can even remove the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) — the psychoactive compound in cannabis — from CBD. After removing THC from CBD, the CBD oil won’t get you high. Which means more people can join in on the 420 fun!
Why You Should Celebrate with CBD
- Legality: Whether you partake of marijuana or not, there are many reasons to invite CBD to your 420 party. CBD is legal in every state due to the 2018 Farm Bill, you can now enjoy CBD without worrying about the long arm of the law. Your state might have some specific laws about which CBD types and products are legal, so read up on your state CBD laws to make sure you’re within the legal limitations.
- It doesn’t get you high: As mentioned, unless your CBD has high THC concentrations, it won’t intoxicate you. This is great if you don’t want those effects at all. Indulging in a CBD mocktail while consuming marijuana won’t give you the “spins”. On the other hand, alcohol and marijuana, when paired together, might make you sick.
- CBD provides health benefits: According to research, pain relief, stress reduction, better sleep, and immune support are just a few of the many potential health gains you could get from CBD. Even if you don’t have aches and pains to remedy, it could be a hangover-free alternative for daily use or special occasions.
Celebrate 420 with CBD From lost range.®
Picture this, it’s 4:20pm on 4/20/2022, you’re clocking out of a long day of remote work and ready to indulge in the holiday. Sounds pretty nice right? Here’s a couple ways lost range.® can become part of your agenda for the hazy holiday.
CBD Mai Tai Mocktail Recipe:
On this lovely hump day, enjoy a CBD Mai Tai Mocktail. It’s a perfect drink to ring in the spring weather and kick your feet up after a long day. In addition to having a nice calming, relaxing effect on the body, this drink is full of vitamins and minerals! Orange and pineapple are very high in vitamin C which can help boost your immune system.
For the cocktail:
- ½–1 dropper (or about 1 mL) of CBD oil
- 2 oz. organic pineapple juice
- 2 oz. organic orange juice
- 1 oz. almond simple syrup
- 1 oz. organic lime juice
- Top with Topo Chico or prefered sparkling water
- Combine everything except the Topo Chico and garnishes into a mason jar or cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake to combine.
- Strain your mocktail into a lowball glass.
- Top with Topo Chico or prefered sparkling water of choice.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and cocktail umbrella and be prepared to get taken away to Relaxation Island!
A CBD Massage
Our CBD Massage Oil will take your 420 celebrations to another level of relaxation.
If you’re on the hunt for the highest quality CBD massage oil on the market, look no further!
Incorporating CBD into your daily regimen with our high quality CBD oil tinctures pairs perfectly with tending to your sore muscles and joints with our very popular CBD Massage Oil. Our CBD Massage Oil is made to help clear your mind and relieve tension, packed with an assortment of anti-inflammatory herbs that will assist healing your body in the soothing form of a CBD massage.
Whether you’re a massage therapist looking to add the most effective CBD oil to your services or a regular receiver of massages, find the relaxing benefits of CBD in our CBD Massage Oil.
Don’t Forget Your Pets!
Pets deserve some CBD-love, too. Have you been searching around for the perfect CBD oil for your furry friend? Our 1000mg Full Spectrum Pet CBD oil tincture is the best CBD product for pets on the market! Whether you’re looking for CBD for dogs or CBD for cats, you can find relief for your loved one(s) in our Full Spectrum 1000mg Pet CBD oil.
Many of our pets have anxiety, aching joints, arthritis, and a multitude of other conditions that cause them pain or stress. Our CBD oil for pets can help your furry friend(s) manage their pain and anxiety by altering the brain’s receptor responses to serotonin.
No one likes to see their pet in pain! Help them by adding a CBD oil dosage to their food or adding a drop of the CBD oil to their favorite treat!
Have a Safe and Happy 420 With Quality, Premium CBD
There is good reason to be a cautious shopper. CBD products are largely unregulated in the U.S. market. Independent testing has shown mislabeling and lack of quality control. The biggest issues are strength of CBD (significantly more or less than the label says), the presence of undeclared THC, and contamination with pesticides, metals and solvents.
To ensure you’re getting high-quality CBD, you need to check what’s in the bottle. Shockingly, 70 percent of Cannabidiol extracts sold online are mislabeled, according to a recent Penn Medicine study. These rogue CBD brands are not mentioning the levels of THC in their products, or they have ‘white label’ CBD products – synthetic cannabinoids that have been known to make some people ill. Make sure your CBD products are sourced from high-grade hemp facilities from companies that control every stage of the process, from growth, to extraction and production. The more involved the CBD company is in this process, the better.
Whatever a label says, quality matters most. This is because quality can affect CBD oil potency. There are several things to keep in mind when shopping for CBD oil’s quality. The soil the hemp is grown in, the way it’s processed, the ingredients used, and so on – it all matters. Contaminated and poor-quality products can be sprayed with pesticides which won’t give you as much bang for your buck when it comes to how well your body can actually use the CBD. To ensure you’re buying a quality product, make sure the company displays these key marks:
- 100% field-grown hemp extract
- Enhanced bioavailability
- Sustainably farmed
- Allergen Free
- Hemp sourced in the USA, preferably Colorado.
Always look for third-party testing results that indicate the formula is clear of contaminants and contains appropriate CBD and THC levels.
Happy 420 Celebrations!
Hopefully you have a couple of ideas on how to celebrate your 420 with CBD! At lost range.®, Our Hemp CBD products are derived right here in Colorado. Our products are a true full circle product supporting an array of local Colorado grown small businesses.
We hope your 420 is celebrated safely with your loved ones, and in honor of the hazy holiday look out for our 420 Flash Sale coming this Wednesday! Our team of CBD specialists is always here to answer your questions – so reach out to us here today with any questions.