lost range.® offers a range of high-quality CBD products that can add a unique twist to this year's Independence Day dishes.
Yeah, we know... Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, and beer are pretty traditional 4th of July go-tos. And we're all for these classics. But this year, take your holiday feast to the next level by incorporating lost range.® CBD into your favorite recipes.
In this blog, we'll explore four mouthwatering food and drink recipes infused with lost range.® CBD to make your 4th of July celebration a breeze. But first...
CBD Cooking Tips To Remember
While not as soluble and potent as it is in beverages, CBD still has effectiveness in food. Most of the time, cooking with CBD oil won't alter the taste or texture of the dish, allowing you to freely add the potential health benefits of CBD to whatever you're making. However, like any culinary endeavor, it's essential to remember a few guidelines.
- Avoid high heat: Subjecting CBD oil to high temperatures can diminish its effectiveness. For your Fourth of July festivities, opt for recipes that bake below 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Consider refreshing options like a summer cocktail or a no-bake treat.
- Be cautious with alcohol: When concocting a custom CBD-infused cocktail, it's advisable to omit alcohol, especially if someone is taking medications or planning to drive home. Instead, keep the festive spirit alive with celebratory CBD Mocktails and infused mixers.
- Start with small amounts: Whether baking, cooking, or infusing treats with CBD, it's best to begin with a few drops (see dosing chart here), and gradually increase the dosage.
- Know your CBD: Full-Spectrum CBD has a wide variety of cannabinoids beyond CBD, including naturally-occurring terpenes, essential vitamins, fatty acids, and proteins. This gives more of a synergistic effect than pure CBD isolate, otherwise known as the "Entourage Effect". Isolate CBD contains only two ingredients, fractionated coconut oil (carrier oil), and pharmaceutical grade pure 99.99% CBD to support a calming sense of relaxation, focus, and balance. Full-Spectrum has more of a hemp taste, and Isolate more neutral.
- Know Your Source: Finally, make sure whatever CBD you're consuming is top quality and locally sourced. Too many CBD brands mask the purity of their product with synthetic CBD, which is cheaper to produce but can be toxic. At lost range.®, our 100% natural CBD (which is extracted from the cannabis plant using organic and sustainable methods), is a great option for those looking for a safe and effective CBD product.
By following these simple rules, you can confidently explore the world of CBD-infused cooking while ensuring an enjoyable and safe experience for everyone involved. Happy culinary adventures!
CBD-Infused Strawberry Lemonade - Makes 6-7
Beat the summer heat with a refreshing glass of CBD-infused strawberry lemonade. Freshly squeezed lemon juice, cold water, and a dash of lost range.® CBD Oil Tincture creates a revitalizing drink that will leave you feeling refreshed and chill.
What You’ll Need:
- Pre-made Strawberry Puree (or make your own by muddling/blending 2 cups of fresh strawberries, 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice, 1/4 cup of water and 1/2 cup of sugar)
- 1 cup Lemonade
- 3 droppers full of lost range.® CBD Tincture of choice in Natural, Peppermint or Lemon.
(If you're making this Mocktail with booze, add 1/2 cup of strawberry or plain vodka.)
If making strawberry puree, first muddle or blend strawberries and water until puree forms. Add the sugar and blend. Add lemon juice and blend. Add all other ingredients to a pitcher and stir well.
Adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding CBD Whipped Honey or your preferred sweetener.
Serve it with ice and garnish with fresh strawberries, a lemon slice, and a sprig of mint for a vibrant and refreshing beverage. If pre-making this recipe, remember to stir well before serving so the oil doesn't separate.
CBD Watermelon Salad - Serves 6 sides
What’s better after a long day in the sun than a refreshing watermelon slice? A watermelon salad infused with CBD. This refreshing side dish is packed with flavor and nutrients and will have you praising our country’s bountiful watermelon-filled lands. Watermelon is a staple summer fruit, and this refreshing CBD-infused watermelon salad is a perfect addition to your 4th of July menu.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ medium-sized watermelon (cubed)
- 3 small apricots (sliced into sixths)
- ¼ red onion (chopped)
- 1 cup mint leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
CBD-Infused Dressing Ingredients
- ¼ cup of whipped CBD honey
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Warm the honey in a pot. Add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil salt and pepper and stir well.
Combine freshly diced watermelon, crumbled feta cheese, mint leaves, and drizzle with the warm lost range.® CBD whipped honey dressing.
The variety of sweet and savory flavors in this salad is a powerful combo to keep your guests cool and satisfied during the holiday celebrations.
CBD-Infused Grilled Vegetable Skewers - Serves 6-8
For a veggie and full-flavorful dish, CBD-infused grilled vegetable skewers are a crowd-pleaser. Gather your favorite colorful vegetables such as bell peppers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and red onions.
What You’ll Need:
-16 wooden skewers soaked in water
- 2 medium zucchini sliced into ¼ inch coins
- 2 medium yellow squash sliced into ¼ inch coins
- 2 ears sweet corn cut into 1" rounds
- 3 cups brown button mushrooms cleaned and stemmed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 1-2 Full droppers of premium CBD of choice
- 1 sprig of fresh basil optional for garnish
If you have not already, soak your wooden skewers in water so they don't catch fire on the grill. In a bowl, combine the lost range.® CBD Isolate Oil with the basil pesto. Use a brush or toss the vegetables in the CBD/Pesto mix and season with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs. Thread them onto skewers and grill until tender and slightly charred. Cook for 3-4 minutes before flipping the skewer over.
CBD Barbeque Ribs - Serves 6-8
Meat-lovers unite. Nothing says 4th of July like finger-licking barbecue ribs. Add a twist to this classic dish by infusing your marinade with lost range.® CBD Whipped Honey. The CBD oil will not only enhance the flavors but also provide a relaxing and calming effect to the craziness of the holiday.
What You'll Need:
For The Ribs:
- 4 Racks of Baby Back Ribs (about 2 1/2 pounds each)
- 4 Tablespoons Mustard
- 4 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 4 Tablespoons Onion Powder
- 4 tablespoons Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Black Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons ‘Slap Ya Mama’ Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup of premium whipped CBD Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- Half White Onion, Diced
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Worchester Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Chile Powder
- ¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
For The Sauce:
In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add whisk in the CBD honey until fully combined. Stir over medium-low heat until the butter dissolves.
Add half of a diced onion and cook until translucent. Add in ½ tablespoon of salt, and 1 cup of ketchup and mix well.
Stir in ½ cup brown sugar, 2 diced cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, and 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Stir until well mixed.
Next add 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard, 2 tablespoons of chili powder, ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper.
Stir until smooth then bring to a low simmer (remember not to boil the sauce as it will dampen the effect of the CBD). Let sauce slowly simmer for 15-20 mins.
Simmer the sauce for 15-20 minutes.
For The Ribs:
Preheat oven to 350°F and wash and pat dry the ribs.
Brush 2 tablespoons of mustard evenly across the rack and evenly Sprinkle 2 tablespoons each of garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Massage the seasoning into the ribs and let sit for 3-5 minutes. Flip the rack and repeat.
Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of smoked paprika for color and a "smokey" taste. Cook the ribs for 3 hours at 350°F.
Brush the ribs with your homemade CBD Honey BBQ sauce and serve. The result? Tender, flavorful ribs will leave your guests craving for more.
Golden CBD Potato Salad - Serves 6 sides
No grill-out is complete without a potato salad, and this year, we've revamped your favorite side dish with our most potent Gold Buckle® Full Spectrum CBD Tincture.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 pounds of potatoes, cubed (Yukon gold, red, or new potatoes)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 strips bacon
- 1 bunch green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1ml (full dropper) of Gold Buckle® Full Spectrum CBD Tincture
Chop the potatoes into cubes. Then, place the potatoes in a large pot of water, add salt, and boil the potatoes until they’re tender (about 20-25 mins). While the potatoes cook, prepare the bacon on a stovetop pan (cook them low and slow). Cut the bacon into small strips once cooked. After the potatoes are tender, drain the water from the pot and rinse the potatoes in cold water.
Then add everything to a large bowl with the Gold Buckle® Full Spectrum CBD Tincture, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and bacon. Chop the green onions and add them to the mix. Stir the potato salad until well-coated, and store the salad in a refrigerator until it’s time to eat.
This 4th of July, elevate your celebrations with these drool-worthy CBD-infused recipes from lost range.®.
Remember to follow the recommended dosage of lost range.® CBD products and enjoy your Independence Day with great food, friends, family and a whole lotta relaxation. Happy 4th of July!