2am TikTok scrolling, project deadlines, divergent priorities; The habits and stresses of daily life can make it difficult to focus. Exploring the link between CBD and concentration could be beneficial in helping people feel more energetic, as well as increasing their productivity and focus. Can CBD help with concentration? Let’s find out.
There’s no doubt that we live in a fast-paced society. Everyone has their own pressures and responsibilities to deal with. With those pressures come limits, our bodies naturally won’t perform to its best if you’re constantly running on E.
You rely on concentration to get through work or school every day. When you’re unable to concentrate, you can’t think clearly, focus on a task, or maintain your attention. Most people look for a quick fix for this, whether it’s coffee, energy drinks or other stimulants to keep them focused throughout the day, but this leaves many feeling anxious, over-stimulated and “jittery”. Being unable to concentrate affects people differently. So first off, how do you assess whether your concentration is “good” or “bad”?
Generally speaking, if your focus is Good:
- You find it easy to stay alert
- You set goals and break tasks up into smaller parts
- You take short breaks, then get back to work
And if your focus is bad:
- You daydream regularly
- You can’t tune out distractions
- You lose track of your progress
If you’re having trouble keeping your concentration, here’s a look at the science behind CBD and how it works.
How Does CBD “Work”?
CBD is a cannabinoid and one of over 400 chemical compounds present in the Cannabis sativa plant. These cannabinoids are similar in structure to the body’s own cannabinoid system, called the endocannabinoid system.
The endocannabinoid system in the body is responsible for regulating sleep, appetite, anxiety and pain. CBD binds to part of the body’s endocannabinoid receptors to boost the body’s production of its own cannabinoids.
While CBD is a chemical found in the hemp marijuana plant, it’s important to note that CBD contains practically no THC (>.3%), which is the psychoactive ingredient found in marijuana that produces a high. Therefore, CBD alone will not make you “high”.
Studies by The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids: The Current State of Evidence and Recommendations for Research have shown that CBD has had a positive effect on groups of people wanting a cure ailments such as sleep disorders, muscle spasms and active pain. All of which can affect one’s ability to stay focused.
According to Better Mind, further factors that impair focus include:
- Poor diet and nutrition
- Hormonal changes
- Lack of sleep
- Medical, emotional and psychological problems
- Lack of physical activity
- Your environment
CBD and Focus
Stress and anxiety can lead to a lack of sleep, and a lack of sleep can lead to stress and anxiety. In turn, all three lead to concentration problems. The important thing to note here is that anxiety, stress, and sleep are intimately intertwined with one another. So while there’s currently not an overwhelming amount of scientific evidence to say CBD directly affects concentration, CBD is thought to have a positive effect on many conditions and feelings that lead to the inability to focus: In recent studies, it’s been found that CBD can help enhance focus and concentration throughout the day:
- According to one 2014 review of studies, CBD might promote wakefulness in some people, although these findings haven’t yet been confirmed clinically.
- In 2015, a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study found that CBD improves facial emotion recognition, indicating the cannabinoid’s role in cognitive functioning and focus. While there is still research being conducted, we’re well on our way to finding evidence that confirms that CBD can help boost your energy levels throughout the day, even if it’s doing so indirectly.
- CBD engages with various molecular pathways within the brain and interacts with two cannabinoid receptors in the endocannabinoid system, called CB1 and CB2.
- CBD also interacts with the 5-HT1A in these systems in the brain: the dopamine system, the serotonin system and the opioid system. All of these systems have different functions, so you can think of CBD as something that can be used to enhance their performance.
How to Choose The Right Product for Concentration and Focus
Improving your mental focus is achievable, but that doesn’t mean that it’s always quick and easy. Thanks to the large selection of CBD products available, almost everybody may obtain the help they need in a manner that suits them. Choosing the right CBD product for you all comes down to personal preference. As there is no one size fits all for everyone it’s important to do your research and find a product you enjoy. Here are a couple tips in picking the right products.
- Choosing products with safe and supportive ingredients – Always look at the ingredients being put into your product. At lost range.®, we have a seed-to-sale guarantee. All of our final products are produced locally.
- Reading third-party lab reports – It’s important to find a reputable company and brand that has proof of using natural ingredients to find the best potency in your product. At lost range.® we endure rigorous third-party lab testing, you can rest assured your CBD is natural, clean and pure.
- Find the right potency -The amount of CBD per serving varies between different products. The concentration of CBD per bottle is expressed in milligrams. Most manufacturers also have their own dosage guidelines based on a single recommended serving. You can find ours here.
How to Take CBD for Concentration & Focus
There are several CBD oils on the market that include terpenes, flavonoids, and vital fatty acids to aid brain function. There are so many different products out in the market that can be extremely beneficial to your time, focus, and most importantly – your health. With so many options to choose from, it’s important to remember that everyone’s bodies react differently to CBD. With that in mind, it’s crucial to start out with a low dose and slowly increase your dose as you continue to use CBD products.
If you’re not sure where to begin, here are a couple products we recommend:
For the CBD-curious:
Full Spectrum CBD Oil Tincture – 1000mg $59.00 — or $59.00 $47.20 / month
For experienced CBD users:
Full Spectrum CBD Oil Tincture – 2000mg. $109.00 — or $109.00 $87.20 / month
For an intermediate CBD user:
Gold Buckle Full Spectrum CBD Oil Tincture – 4000mg $159.00 — or $159.00 $127.20 / month
How to Use: From our 4000mg Gold Buckle Tincture to our 2000mg and 1000mg tinctures, our full-spectrum and isolate CBD products are holistically effective, addressing all aspects of your busy everyday life. These products are perfect for keeping you focused and energized throughout the day. Simply add a few drops under the tongue or add a few drops to your morning coffee to start the day. If your trouble switching off comes in the evening, take a few drops under the tongue before bedtime to help you drift off.
CBD products, for the most part, function in tandem with our bodies’ endocannabinoid system to relieve stress and anxiety while also fostering a sense of well-being, and has been studied for countless amounts of ailments. Seeing its potential role in easing the symptoms of anxiety and neurological disorders can give us some peace of mind that this product is worth trying if you suffer with concentration and focus problems in your day-to-day life.
There are many ways to invest in your mental health. Everyone one is different with the symptoms they have and you may need to experiment with different CBD products to see what works best for you. If you would like to know more about our products and brand, our staff is always at your service for any questions. Contact us here today.