Have you tried incorporating CBD into your fiesta? From its renowned calming effects to better sleep, it’s no wonder we’re adding the cannabis compound to everything this Cinco de Mayo!
Cinco de Mayo is one of the first holidays people are excited to celebrate due to warmer weather and having a sense that summer is right around the corner. Cinco de Mayo has been around for years and many don’t know the origin of the holiday.
Cinco de Mayo represents the efforts Mexicans made over French forces during the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. Chicano activists raised awareness of this holiday during the 1960s and since then, many people around the US and Mexico celebrate.
Whether you’re having family and friends over to celebrate or looking to spice up your regular Cinco routine, lost range.® has something for everyone. Before we head to the Horchata, here’s some reasons why you should include CBD into festivities this year…
Infusing CBD into Foods and Beverages
The history of cooking with cannabis dates as far back as the 10th century, but baking with CBD oil is a fairly new phenomenon. One of the first cannabis-infused drinks was in the form of a tea brewed in 1500 BC, China. That was over 3,500 years ago.
Fast forward to today, whether to settle your nerves or treat specific health issues, cannabis- and hemp-infused foods and drinks are the trendiest items in the market. By adding high-quality CBD to your party recipes, you can bring the amazing health benefits of cannabidiol (CBD) into your Cinco De Mayo celebrations!
Here are some of the best recipes that we have for you to prepare and enjoy this Cinco De Mayo.
Did someone say Cinco De Drinko? There are few things as fitting as a margarita on Cinco de Mayo. For everyone who is able to drink, this recipe will be just right for starting off your Cinco de Mayo party. For those omitting alcohol, do just that – omit it from the recipe for a delicious virgin alternative.
Ingredients (makes 4):
- 1 1/2 ounces of your prefered tequila – Casamigos is a good one!
- 1 1/2 ounces triple sec
- 1 1/2 ounces lime juice
- 1 dropper full spectrum CBD tincture
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- ½ oz agave nectar
- 1 lime Slice
- Salt or Tajin for the rim if you like them spicy
- Simply mix all of the ingredients above into a margarita glass (or increase the recipe and mix it in a pitcher) and you’re good to sip.
Another drink recipe that is absolutely fitting for the holiday is Horchata. Horchata is an iced rice and milk drink that is creamy and has a hint of cinnamon. Perfect for warm days, since it’s both refreshing and satisfying.
Ingredients (makes 4):
- 1 Cup Rinsed Uncooked Long Grain White Rice
- 4 Cups Warm Water
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Almond Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Cinnamon Sticks (For Stirring)
- 4 full droppers of unflavored, Isolate CBD Oil tincture
- Fine Metal Colander
- In a blender, combine the rice and water. Blend for about 1 minute or until the rice is broken up. Let this sit overnight at room temperature or for at least 6 hours.
- Pour this mixture over a fine metal colander and into a pitcher. Throw away leftover rice bits.
- Add in your milk, vanilla, almond, cinnamon, and sugar. Add 1ml (1 dropper full) of your tincture per serving, for this recipe it would be 4ml, or 4 dropper fulls. Mix well and then chill until ready to serve!
- To serve, pour over ice and add a cinnamon stick to stir. Remember that you can always add more CBD if desired!
CBD Infused Guacamole
Guac is perhaps one of the most important side dishes you can have at your Cinco De Mayo gathering. Everyone loves it, and it’s a healthy alternative compared to other dips on the market!
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (more if needed)
- 1 large Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more, to taste)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño or Serrano pepper, with seeds and membrane removed. You can leave the seeds in if you prefer the spiciness.
- CBD oil in desired strength (60mg for 10mg preserving)
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove pits. Scoop out flesh and add to the bowl.
- Add lime juice. Mash with fork until creamy but still chunky.
- On a cutting board, crush garlic clove with salt to make a paste. (Use a flat part of a knife, or just chop salted garlic.)
- Add CBD, incorporating evenly.
- Add tomato, cilantro, garlic/salt and diced peppers.
- Adjust to taste with additional salt, peppers and/or lime juice.
- Serve immediately, or lay plastic wrap directly on guacamole and refrigerate up to one day.
Simple CBD Honey Lime Glazed Fruit Salad
Fruit Salad is always a hit, especially if your guests are looking for something on the healthier side. This Fruit salad recipe can be easily made for other occasions, including summer gatherings.
- 16 oz Strawberries
- 8 oz Blueberries
- 4 oz peeled + chopped Orange
- 4 oz peeled + chopped Kiwi
CBD Honey Lime Glaze
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp lost range.® CBD Whipped Honey
- Gently wash, then pat the berries dry and place in a large bowl.
- In a small, microwave safe bowl, pour the lime juice and CBD honey. Place this into the microwave for 15 seconds until it is slightly warmed, then mix thoroughly until the three ingredients are combined.
- Separate the servings of the berry fruit salad and pour CBD honey lime glaze over each serving. We suggest 2 teaspoons of CBD honey lime glaze over each serving of fruit. This is roughly 12.5 mg of CBD per serving.
Churros with CBD Mint Chocolate Dipping Sauce
Let’s face it, it’s not Cinco De Mayo without Churros. Our finger-licking CBD Mint Chocolate sauce is the perfect twist to this Mexican classic.
For the Churros:
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Coating: 1/2 cup white sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the CBD Chocolate Sauce:
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 full droppers of Full Spectrum Peppermint CBD
Make the churros:
In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the water, sugar, salt and vegetable oil. Bring the mixture to a boil then remove it from the heat. Stir in the flour, mixing until it forms a smooth ball.
Heat 3 to 4 inches of vegetable oil (or any neutral flavored oil) in a large/tall stockpot set over medium-high heat (375ºF). Line a plate with paper towels.
Transfer the dough to a cloth pastry bag or heavy-duty plastic bag fitted with a large star tip (optional).
Pipe the dough over the pot of oil to a length of about 4 inches, then using scissors or a sharp knife, cut it so it releases into the oil. (Be cautious to avoid any oil splatters.) Pipe two to three churros into the oil at a time, frying them until they’re golden brown.
Transfer the churros to the paper towel-lined plate to drain for 2 minutes, then while they are still hot, roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Repeat the frying and coating process until dough is all used up.
Make the CBD chocolate mint sauce:
Place the chopped chocolate in a small bowl.
Warm (don’t boil) the heavy cream in small saucepan. Pour the heavy cream over the chopped chocolate. Let it sit for 1 minute then stir in CBD to combine.
We hope you enjoy a couple of the recipes we’ve mentioned above for your Cinco de Mayo festivities.
Simply put, adding some premium CBD oil or CBD honey into your foods and beverages are going to give you the same medicinal effects as your CBD oil would on its own. CBD oil is known for providing serious pain relief, specifically within muscles and joints. Its anti-inflammatory properties are more than prominent when infused into foods and drinks, so try incorporating some of the above recipes into your Cinco De Mayo recipes.
Be sure to tag us on instagram and Facebook to see how your recipes turned out! We hope you all celebrate responsibly this cinco de mayo!
To check out our full line of products, click here.