Why does CBD quality matter? Learn all about what makes a CBD product “premium”, “strong” and what is considered “high potency” so you can make the best product choice for your health and wellness needs.
When choosing a CBD product from a consumer’s perspective, quality and potency are the most important factors to consider. Depending on what your needs are for using CBD, lost range’s Premium CBD might be the best choice for you.
Our products are 20-30% lower in price compared to other potency comparables on the market—which makes for the perfect concentration to use in order to give you the best results for your money. Here’s how to make sure you’re getting the highest quality and potency in CBD on the market.
Defining Premium Quality CBD
You may think measuring the strength of CBD is as simple as glancing at the bottle. But not so fast…because CBD oils can be isolates, full-spectrum, or broad-spectrum, determining strength and quality can be a little more confusing. Let’s break them down:
- CBD isolate: Isolate CBD is the purest form of CBD available, testing around 99.99% CBD and can be found in both crystalline and powdered crystal form.
- Full-spectrum CBD: Full Spectrum Oil is an oil rich in CBD but also contains low levels of other cannabinoids such as CBG, CBN, CBC and THC. Full Spectrum Oil usually tests at around 75%-90% CBD and must test at less than .3% THC.
- Broad-spectrum CBD: These products contain a wide range of cannabinoids, but do not contain THC.
*Please note that the CBD industry has not defined these terms very clearly. Companies may use them interchangeably, to an extent.*
CBD Isolate is Best for…
- People with sensitivity to THC and other cannabinoids.
- People living in states with strict THC laws, or those who regularly undergo drug testing in their place of employment.
- People who wish to cook with CBD and want something with a light flavor.
Full-Spectrum CBD is Best for…
- People who are looking to target a more specific use
- People who live in states where cannabis is fully legal and who have no fear of legal repercussions.
- People who want to get the most out of their CBD experience.
- While full-spectrum products are suited to some individuals, others will find an isolate more to their liking. It’s a matter of deciding what works for you.
When we talk about strength of a CBD product, it’s about understanding how much Cannabidiol is included per volume. When the CBD market skyrokketed, CBD strength was often shown in percentages, however the number of milligrams (mg) is the more important metric and typically refers to the total amount of cannabinoids in the product. This is why understanding the strength of CBD is important to be able to properly consider the price of a product as well as its effectiveness, as you explore a regime that works for you and your body.
Quality and Potency Go Hand-in-Hand
CBD hemp oil potencies can range anywhere from 50mg to upwards of 4,000+mg for a single 1 oz. bottle, being the industry standard size. A 300mg bottle would be classified as a low-potency option and a 4,000mg bottle the highest. While the label may tell you the percentage of the CBD in your oil, that isn’t strength.
You need to know how much CBD, in milligrams, is in the bottle, so you can divide that by the amount you take to see how much CBD is in your dose. lost range.® offers only upper end potency and quality, that’s why our lowest milligram percentage starts out at 1,000 and goes up from there. Here are a couple products we recommend based on their potency levels:
- Potent Oil Tincture – Our 1,000mg Isolate CBD Oil Tincture is a great option for individuals who are just starting out or who may be sensitive to CBD (and/or cannabis in general). Some people have a more active endocannabinoid system than do others, so they will naturally not require as strong of an oil.
- Higher Potency Oil – Our 2000mg Full Spectrum CBD Oil Tincture is for those who find they’re having to take large (and/or multiple) doses of a lower potency CBD oil. In general, a lot of our customers use our mid-range potency products to help regulate inflammation, recovery, sleep, appetite, anxiety and day-to-day pain.
- Highest Potency Oil – Our highest potency 4000mg Gold Buckle Full Spectrum Oil Tincture is the most potent on the market. Products in this strength range are commonly used for severe pain such as chronic arthritis, insomnia, deep muscle soreness, migraines, and day-to-day extreme stress and anxiety.
The Importance of Labels
Always look at the label when choosing a product. The label is your best insight because it tells you the percentage of the CBD in your oil, but that isn’t a strength. This reflects more the purity of the CBD in the product. You need to know how much CBD, in milligrams, is in the bottle, so you can divide that by the amount you take to see how much CBD is in your dose.
Whatever a label says, quality matters most. This is because quality can affect CBD oil potency. There are several things to keep in mind when shopping for CBD oil’s quality. The soil the hemp is grown in, the way it’s processed, the ingredients used, and so on – it all matters.
Contaminated and poor-quality products can be sprayed with pesticides which won’t give you as much bang for your buck when it comes to how well your body can actually use the CBD. To ensure you’re buying a quality product, make sure the company displays these key marks:
- 100% field-grown hemp extract
- Enhanced bioavailability
- Sustainably farmed
- Allergen Free
- Hemp sourced in the USA, preferably Colorado.
Understanding a CBD Certificate of Analysis
One of the most important documents a CBD manufacturer should offer is a certificate of analysis, which will help you better understand exactly what is in the product you are considering buying – and more importantly – consuming.
A certificate of analysis will also indicate the accuracy of the brand’s labeling. If the contents described in the certificate of analysis don’t match the labeling on the brand’s products, then it should warrant a problem. In fact, several studies have shown that more than 70% of the CBD products sold online are mislabeled. Some of them did not have CBD in them at all.
To be sure a CBD product truly contains the cannabinoids and other ingredients stated on the label, you should look for what is known as a certificate of analysis. A certificate of analysis is awarded to a CBD product that has been tested by a third-party laboratory and examined for quality. This analysis consists of several tests, which can include the following:
- Cannabinoid content.
- Terpene content.
- Testing for common contaminants.
At lost range.®, we make a commitment to our customers by delivering CBD that adheres to the highest possible standards of quality. Our mission is to help others find natural remedies that will drive them through their endeavors. We are proud of our products and strive for total transparency every step of the way.
If you would like to know more about our products and brand, our staff is always at your service for any questions. Contact us here today.