Whether you’re thirsting for an any-time-of-day sip or looking for a grill-out crowd-pleaser, it simply wouldn’t be summer without some mouth-watering CBD recipes. These delicious ideas are perfect whether you want to cool off or chill out this season. Let’s dig in…
Summer is a time when we all want to relax and unwind. It’s also a time when we are more likely to host friends and family over for fun in the sun. As CBD continues to grow in popularity, many are finding different ways to enjoy the health and wellness benefits CBD provides.
Whether you’re looking to have a few drinks on your own, or you’re hosting a party outside, CBD recipes are sure to please your guests. You may even be surprised at the amount of recipes you can add CBD to!
Here are some of our favorite summer CBD recipes to bring some serious chill to your week.
Bites and Appetizers for Everyone
Summer is a notorious season for cookouts and hosting parties. Whether you’re looking to relax at home with a refreshing summer drink or you’ve got a social distancing gathering happening outside, we’ve got some great recommendations lined up for you.
CBD BBQ Wings
- 20 chicken wings
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup of preferred BBQ sauce
- 2 full droppers of 1000mg full spectrum CBD oil tincture
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl toss the chicken wings with the vegetable oil, salt and pepper then line up on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake until wings are crispy and browned for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove the wings and add them to a large (clean) bowl and toss them with your CBD BBQ Sauce then bake them for an additional 5 minutes.
Veggie Tacos with CBD CIlantro Lime Sauce
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, halved and sliced
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half-inch sticks
- 1 large yellow squash, cut in half-inch sticks
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- 5 oz. fresh spinach, mixed in after you remove hot veggies from the oven
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder or chipotle powder (or both!)
- Tortillas, corn or flour, warmed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place all cut veggies in a large mixing bowl and add seasonings. Mix well and place all on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for 30 minutes, mixing halfway at 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, place in a mixing bowl and incorporate fresh spinach. Spoon onto warm tortillas and serve.
- Serve with Cilantro Lime Sauce, Salsa, or Guacamole on the side as additional toppings.
Infused Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 2 bunches cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 dropper of an Isolate 2000mg CBD Oil Tincture
Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix until thoroughly combined. Add more olive oil or lime juice as needed.
CBD Summer Cocktails
Now that there are more chances for us to get together with our friends and family, it’s time to serve your guests some CBD -infused cocktails. Our CBD summer cocktail recipes are sure to please everyone this summer. Not only does adding CBD to a cocktail add a certain sense of panache to the drink, but it is also known to reduce the hangover some people experience.
If you’re a non-drinker, there’s a mocktail version in each recipe.
Classic CBD Aperol Spritz
A classic drink, served in a wine glass, makes for the perfect summer cocktail.
- 90 ml (3 oz) Prosecco (for virgin use sparkling lemonade)
- 60 ml (2 oz) Aperol (for virgin use Palmero Amarino)
- Splash of club soda or orange lacroix
- 1/2 dropper of 2000mg of Full Spectrum CBD Oil
- 1-2 orange slices
- In a large wine glass, add the ice cubes up to almost half glass.
- Add the Prosecco, Aperol and lost range.® Full Spectrum CBD oil to the glass. Mix lightly.
- Finish with a splash of club soda and garnish with orange slices.
CBD Strawberry Basil Gin Rickey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 strawberries, chopped
- 5 basil leaves
For the Cocktail
- 1 inch piece of cucumber, cut into pieces
- 2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 oz gin of your choice (eliminate for virgin or use an alcohol-free version)
- 1/2 dropper of 1000mg Isolate CBD oil tincture
- 2 oz simple syrup
- Club soda
- The first thing you want to do is make the simple syrup. In a pan over medium high heat add in the water, sugar, strawberries, and basil. Let it come up to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it come to room temperature.
- To make the cocktail add chopped cucumber into the shaker. Muddle the cucumber until all of the juices release.
- Add in the gin, lime juice, simple syrup, lost range.® Isolate CBD oil tincture and ice. Shake until chilled
- Strain into a class filled with crushed ice and top with club soda
- Garnish with a lime slice and you’re ready to enjoy a delicious cocktail!
CBD Honey Recipes
Our premium CBD Honey is so hot right now, we had to make a whole category for these cooling recipes!
You’ll love the taste and texture of our CBD Honey, which combines our full-spectrum tinctures with raw, local and organic honey. Why use honey? Honey is well known for its medicinal properties. In Ayurvedic medicine, it is used as a carrier for its synergistic effect with herbs. Honey enhances digestion, absorption and carries medicine to the deeper tissues of the body (to promote healing).
CBD and honey are a dream team when paired together. With CBD, you get a natural way to reduce pain, anxiety, and other ailments. Honey has long been known for its ability to soothe sore throats and help with digestion.
When combined in one tasty treat, CBD honey is the perfect way to get all the benefits of both in one product. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also good for you! We know that CBD isn’t everyone’s cup of tea (or coffee). It can have a grassy or earthy flavor that may not appeal to everyone’s taste buds. But CBD honey is different because it gives you all the benefits of CBD without any added flavors!
Now that you have a little variety to choose from above, let’s take a look at our CBD Honey recipes.
Whiskey Lemonade with Honey Syrup
- 1/2 cup of lost range.® CBD Honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 stems of your favorite herb basil, rosemary, lavender or mint with a few leaves reserved for garnish
- 1/4 cup lemonade
- 1 shot of preferred whiskey (eliminate or use alcohol-free whisky alternative for a virgin version)
- 1/4 cup soda
- fresh lemon slices to garnish
- In a small saucepan, bring water and honey to a boil. Reduce heat, add an herbal sprig and simmer for 15 minutes or until reduced by half. Let cool.
- Fill a short glass with ice and add one shot of whiskey. Add lemonade, soda and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of honey simple syrup or to taste. Add reserved herb and lemon garnish and serve.
Honey Strawberry Basil Smash
- 3 fresh strawberries (medium-sized) washed and hulled (plus more for garnish)
- 3 basil leaves (large) plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup of lost range.® CBD Honey for honey simple syrup*
- ½ oz. lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 oz. vodka (eliminate for virgin version)
- ½ cup ice (lightly crushed)
- sparkling water
- In a glass or jar, add strawberries and basil leaves. With a muddler or wooden spoon, work to combine flavors (until the strawberries and basil leaves start to break down). Transfer to a decorative glass of your choice.
- Top with honey simple syrup and lemon juice. Add in vodka, followed by ice.
- Top with sparkling water and garnish with a basil leaf and a few sliced strawberries.
*Honey Simple Syrup
- Combine equal parts honey and water ( 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 cup water) in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the honey dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before using. Store in an airtight container or jar in the fridge.
Peach Bruschetta with Goat Cheese, Basil & Infused Honey
- 1 baguette, sliced at a diagonal into ½ inch thick slices
- Olive oil for brushing bruschetta
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 3 ripe peaches- sliced into wedges
- 15 basil leaves – cut into ribbons (divided)
- 1 cup of lost range.® CBD Honey*
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Slice baguette into ½ inch slices at a diagonal. Brush both sides with olive oil and place on a sheet pan in a 400 F oven for 15 minutes.
- Place cream cheese and goat cheese in a bowl and warm in a microwave until just barely soft enough to combine easily with a fork. Mix with a fork until smooth. Add some chopped basil, salt and cracked pepper.
- Assemble: Spread the goat cheese mixture on each bruschetta and top with a peach wedge. Garnish with basil ribbons, then drizzle with honey, and sprinkle with cracked pepper for your liking.
- Serve on a white platter, or a rustic cutting board.
- Place 1 cup of lost range.® CBD Honey in a small pot on the stove, add a few sprigs of rosemary and warm on medium heat.
- Let it come to a simmer, and add a few teaspoons of water, gently stir.
- Turn heat off and let the herbs marinate in the honey, at room temp for a few hours or overnight.
- Place the infused honey into a squeeze bottle.
- Note* Once cooled, if honey seems too thick, rewarm and stir in a little more water.
We hope you have enjoyed learning a thing or two about our summer CBD recipes. Having a variety of options to choose from is a great way to see what kind of CBD product is for you. To get the best out of these tasty treats, it’s essential to use high-quality CBD oil that offers plenty of benefits. Take a look at lost range.® collection of premium natural and flavored oils here; these varieties are all 3rd-party lab-tested to ensure clean and safe extracts in every drop.